Aaron (RuneAd Owner) | 10.16.20
Ever wondered all the steps in securing your Runescape account?
Make a new email account only for use with your Runescape account. I recommend Gmail.
- Your newly created email needs to have a unique password that you NEVER HAVE and NEVER WILL use anywhere else, especially not on your actual Runescape account.
Set up two factor authentication on your newly created email. (I'm assuming you're using Gmail)
- This can be done by signing into your gmail account and then clicking your account profile picture in the top right hand corner of your screen, then select "My Account". Now click on "Sign-in & security", scroll down a bit and select "2-Step Verification"; follow the instructions.
Change your Runescape account's email to your shiny new well protected email!
- Go to Runescape's website and sign into your account. Then click on the account tab at the top of the page, you will see a list of drop down tabs. Click on the tab labeled "Email & Communication Preferences", then follow the instructions.
Choose another unique password for your Runescape account that you have never used anywhere else AND THAT CERTAINLY ISN'T THE SAME PASSWORD YOU JUST USED FOR YOUR NEW EMAIL!
Set up Runescape Authenticator on your Runescape account.
- Go to Runescape's website and sign into your account. Then click on the account tab at the top of the page, you will see a list of drop down tabs. Click on the tab labeled Authenticator, then follow the instructions.
Create a bank pin when you log into your newly protected account! This is done by talking to a banker at any bank.
- It's a great idea to get into the habit of banking whatever is worn on your character before you log out if you are unwilling to part with it.
Play Runescape in comfort with your shiny new well protected account!
But what is a strong password?
The longer a password is, the more secure it will be. An easy to remember phrase, such as thebadgeratemycookie, is a great place to start. Adding in random capital letters numbers is another way to make it even more secure.
- Google "how secure is my password" and there are tons of sites to help you get an idea. Just to be safe, please don't enter a password you actually plan on using!
Thanks for reading!
-RuneAd RSPS Toplist